I was so much dyeing to do a post on weightloss, but then I thought ill wait since I have not reached my ideal weight yet. But later thought ill help some new moms or gain some knowledge from some while I’m at my weightloss journey. Do share your story.
I have never been a leany weany all my life, but never been fat or overweight too. Once I finished college and joined the IT industry I gained some weight with the cafeteria food and team lunches and outings. I have this bad habit of tasting everything in a buffet and so I landed up hogging a lot.
After marriage my husband being vegetarian, I could not cook non-veg at home, so I started gulping down a lot of cheese and paneer with him to satisfy my non vegetarian palette. But note the point he gained no weight. But after than with pregnancies and miscarriages I gained a lot of weight. I had to lose weight to have a baby at some point.
So I joined Golds gym and with the help of a personal trainer I lost weight and gained the right body. One thing I learnt that weight training is so important, just cardio is not at all enough to maintain your body shape. I used to be regular in the aerobics and spinning classes too. After that I had a difficult pregnancy and had to be on bed rest so I gained 17kgs in the process. Lost a little after delivery and gained some because of inadequate breastmilk. Now after 7 months I have got back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but my aim is to get back to my regular weight.
So Im going to give you guys the numbers only then. For now here are some dos and donts:
Do’s and donts
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not overeat, if you don’t have BM eat food that increases breastmilknot all food.
- Do not do anything for the firt 3 months, no diet or no excersise.
- Start with a walk for 20 mins and increase it gradually.
- After your baby turns 5 months walk daily with your baby, carry your baby and walk.
- Wear a stomach belt or ask someone to tie your stomach with a cloth (cotton saree), Im hoping to do a youtube video soon with the help of a midwife. Timeline is usually 3 weeks for normal and 6 weeks for c section. I did not have anyone to tie the cloth for me so I used the flamingo lumar sacro belt, I have done the review here.
- Gradually increase the protein in your diet. The key to weightloss is more protein less carbs.
- Ignore people who say “Oh you have gained weight”. Just tell yourself you will be fine.
- Dont stick to one diet or one weight-loss technique, if it does not work for you move on.
- Breastfeed, this is the key to weightloss. Some people see results immediately, but most people lose weight after 6 months.
- Don’t stress, though you have sleepless nights or tough times. Be positive , whats there in life without going through all this.
- Do all your baby work by yourself.
- You can start gym or swimming after consulting your gynac, but I have so much activity at home I really don’t need a gym now.
Do follow up, Ill be doing posts on the diets that I followed, what worked, what did not, my exercises with baby and lots more. Please click Like on our FB page for more updates..