By – Varda Agrawal
Shatavari is the herb, which is nutritional tonic, for whole family but especially for women. It is the solution for most of the health problems in women.
Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), literally means ‘having 100 Husbands’!!
Benefits Of Shatavari for Women
- It effectively improves fertility. It tones and nourishes female reproductive organs & regulates ovulation.
- It normalizes hormonal secretion.
- It treats PMS symptoms, by relieving pain and controlling blood loss.
- It aids in proper lactation for nursing mothers.
- It relieves the menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes.
- By producing estrogen it treats low estrogen levels in women who are in menopausal or have had hysterectomies or oophorectomies
- It is highly beneficial in amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, leucorrhoea and other pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- It increases the WBC & stimulates macrophages, which helps to combat Candida which causes UTI.
- It increases stamina & gives strength.
- It prevents miscarriage by maintaining normal hormonal level.
- It helps in post natal recovery.
When Is Shatavari Kalpa Recommended
Shatavari can be consumed pre-pregnancy, post pregnancy & also during pregnancy. Few indications for consuming Shatavari are
- Irregularities in ovulation
- PMS symptoms such as those excessive bleeding, cramps, pain, bloating
- Menopausal and other post menopausal symptom
- Reduced breast milk secretion in the nursing women
- Amenorrhea, Dysmenorrhoea, Leucorrhoea and Pelvic inflammatory diseases
- Decrease in the libido
So, is it not the, medicinal herb, which serves many benefits to women, during various stages of her life?
But don’t worry my friends; you don’t need to consume it in normal ayurvedic powder form. In today’s world of technology, Shatavari is available for us in the form of SHATAVARI KALPA, in granules form, which can be consumed with milk.
What I Observed
I started consuming, Shatavari Kalp, in 7 month of pregnancy, on recommendations of doctor & my parents.
- The leaflet is provided with the pack, which gives all the needed information.
- It consists of saffron yellow granules.
- No extra sugar needs to be added, as it has enough sweetness, due to its sugar content.
- It has nice cardamom flavor.
- As I had started consuming it before delivery, I had good supply of milk for my baby post delivery.
- It increased my strength & stamina, and hence I recovered very fast post delivery.
- I consumed it till my son was almost 1 & half year old; I had good supply of milk during this time frame & I still breast feed my son , though not extensively breast feeding . He is now 20 months old.
How I Consumed
I added 2 tbsp of Shatavari Kalp, to warm milk. It dissolves well in warm milk. There is no need to add sugar, as Shatavari Kalp consists 50% Sugar. I used to drink it 2 times a day.
The women having diabetes or gestational diabetes should not consume it, due to its sugar content.
Please use as directed by physician.
So all those who are planning for baby / are already pregnant/ expecting soon/ lactating mothers… get one for your self. It is something that will benefit you through the different phases of your life … Shatavari Kalp!