By- Varda Agrawal
We cook different dishes, at different occasions… sometimes you get appreciation from everyone, & some other time not so much of appreciation.
But the best appreciation, a mother can get for a dish cooked by her, is her child saying “Mamma … Wow!!”, & in next few days he tells you in his sweet words to make it again.. & then again.
This happened to me few days back & I am sharing the same recipe with you, so that you too will get to enjoy that “ Yummy “ moment soon.
- All purpose flour
- Custard Sugar
10 – 20 minutes
Breakfast, Brunch, Snacks. This can also be given to kids in their Tiffin.
- Sieve the all purpose flour ( Maida ) , add custard sugar to it , according to your taste.
- Add the melted butter. Butter makes the pancakes soft. If you’re preparing it for elders, you can use the low fat butter instead of the regular one.
- The pancakes can be made, without any flavour, but my son loves bananas so I add bananas in the pancake. The fully ripe banana is perfect for use in pancakes. Peel the banana & make the puree. Add the banana puree to the mixture.
- Now add milk little by little while mixing it in one direction. To control the calorie intake, low fat milk can be used, or mixture of half water, half milk can also be used.
- The batter should be smooth & of pouring consistency, with no lumps.
- When your batter is ready, add 1 tbsp of Eno. It will make it fluffy.
- In the non-stick pan add little bit of butter & with ladle pour the batter in the centre of the pan.
- Cover & keep it on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Flip the side.
And your Hot & yummy pancakes are ready to it.
How To Serve
Serve it hot.
The good thing about the pancakes is that you can experiment with it & serve everyone their own personalized version, just by having variety of pancake spreads.
- Mixture of butter & honey
- Strawberry crush or any other crush of your choice
- Melted chocolates
- Cinnamon powder can be added to the batter
- Vanilla essence can also be added to the batter