Today, I’m going to share my experience with diapering. My daughter has been a diaper baby from day one and still wears diapers (pant style of course) to playschool. I am one mom who thinks diapers are a boon to mankind. If you know how to use the diaper properly, it can make life so simple and easy for you and your baby, and ensure that both of you get a sound sleep. But the only problem with diapers is that rashes will appear if not used properly, especially areas where the diaper edges touch the skin. Most babies will face it once during their first year, but there is nothing to worry.
I had a similar experience when my daughter had little red spots in the diaper area. So I was looking for a product that was both safe and effective. Since I have always been opting for herbal remedies, I preferred to use the Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream as it’s an Ayurvedic product. The rashes were gone in three days with the Cream and some air drying. So I learnt it the hard way that precautions need to be taken while making kids wear a diaper, and also using a diaper rash cream at least once a day after bath will prevent rashes.
What are the key ingredients in Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream?
Natural Zinc which is known to be antiseptic protects skin and keeps it dry.
Almond Oil is very good for moisturization and will prevent skin from darkening.
Aloe Vera is again very effective in treating burns, wounds and acts as a moisturizer.
Five-Leaved Chaste Tree is known to be antifungal.
All these effective list of herbal ingredients make up the Cream
Why do we recommend the Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream?
- The ingredients above are very essential for treating and preventing diaper rash. The cream is thick and stays on the skin for the whole day.
- It has a mild and pleasant smell.
- The product has no side effects as it’s totally herbal.
- Does not darken the diaper area if it is something you’re worried about.
- The packaging is leak-proof and comes in a tube which you can easily carry in your bag.
- It’s extremely affordable and easily available anywhere in India and online.
Rs. 50 for 20gms and Rs. 85 for 50gms
Tips for using the diaper rash cream:
- Use the diaper rash cream every day after bath. Wipe your baby and apply baby moisturizer, wait for it to dry. Now apply diaper rash cream on nappy area and more in the regions where the diaper touches the skin.
- Every time you change the diaper, wipe with Himalaya Baby Wipes and check if it needs some extra moisturization. If so, you can reapply another thin coat of the Himalaya diaper rash cream.
- In case of diaper rash, apply a thick layer of cream on the rash and let it air dry for some time before you use the diaper.
- Apply the diaper rash cream on rashes and around the area where the diaper’s edges rub against baby’s skin.
- Changing diapers every 3-4 hours is a must and more frequently for infants. Wet and soiled diapers left for a long time can cause diaper rashes.