Today I would like to review our very own oatmeal which is making round everywhere for weightloss. Oats is generally eaten during breakfast as most dieticians prescribe a nice high fiber diet. It is known to increase lactation too.
Oats has helped me a lot in reducing my weight; I did not change my diet in anyway other than replacing oats for breakfast and having an early dinner.
So what about people who hate milk how can they eat oats? That’s one thing I have been researching for a long time since I don’t drink milk.
Recently a lot of companies have taken over adding Indian flavors and tastes to oats.
So from when these were introduced I stocked up these 10 Rs sachets of oats and have tried every brand from saffola, horlicks, quaker, and kellogs.
So here is my verdict:
- For someone like me who is transitioning from idly, dosas and pooris for breakfast to oats I think quaker lemony veggie mix oats and homestyle masala is the best for my tastebud, I add a little salt.
- Then came the oats idly, oats dosa etc etc, most of these recipes recommend using yogurt, that too quite a bit and has lot of semolina, so where is the diet? It’s similar to rava idly. So out of that I picked:
- MTR oats upma: Though it has semolina it does not need curd, I don’t add any oil or ghee as recommended, I just add water and put it in the microwave.
- Dry roast oats and powder. When your preparing idly, dosa or roti add few spoons only while making then for you, so both you and your family can enjoy.
- The last way I can eat oats is I roast a little oats in a pan, add boiling water and cook it for a minute. This does not make the oats sticky. Hey I’m not done. I add masala buttermilk to it, like the one form Amul, Danone or Nandini (Karnataka).
Do let me know if it works for you..