Hello mommies. I know how curious you are while sitting at the doctor’s clinic to know is your baby in his or her normal development. You want to know that hope he or she is not under weight or his/her height is optimum. Here I am solving your query:
I am telling you the incremental height gain of your babyJ
- At birth height is almost 20 inches.
- From 0-6months, there is an increase of 1 inch/month which brings the height to 26 inches
- From 6- 12 months an increase of ½ inches per month can be seen in the baby leading to a height of 32 inches.
This is how your baby develops in height during first year of life.
Coming to the weight, at birth usually the baby is 7-8lb.
- From 0-4 months increase in the weight can be 2lb/month causing the weight to be 15-16lb.
- From 4-12 months again the weight rises by 2lb/month leading to a gain up to 23-24lb.
Hope your queries have been cleared to some extent. Enjoy everyone.