I hate to say this but my LO has fallen off the bed 3 times. Its one of those moments, where you feel so guilty and want to bang your head to the ground. Most of the times the falls are normal and even a bump can be treated by rubbing some ice. Always make sure your bed is cushioned on all sides and someone is there to monitor the baby.
When should you panic:
- If the fall is from a height which is more than 3-4 feet.
- If the baby falls on a hard object or when a sharp object falls on the baby and there is bleeding.
What should you do:
- Be calm and distract the child, console the child.
- Check for bumps, redness, bruises. Only if the bumps are too big rush to the doctor. Most bumps can be treated with ice.
- Check if your baby is able to move all her limbs properly.
Just rush your child to the closest hospital when you see these signs:
- If the baby is unconscious.
- If they have difficulty in breathing or unusual breathing.
- Continuous vomiting.
- Not able to see properly, if the eyes are disoriented.
- Liquid or blood from the ears.
- Skin color change.
- Difficulty sitting or moving.