What if you are not traveling anywhere for the vacation… Here are a few tried and tested ideas to make it simple and fun
- Enroll your child in a camp of his interest
- Plan a day outing to the nearby park or beach or museum.
- Play dates : invite your child s friends home to spend a day playing,eating and chatting
- Unleash your creativity with your child : cut, paste, paint and create your own masterpiece
- Visit the nearest bookstore or library and pick up books of your child s interest, let him spend sometime reading and exploring
- Ask your child to help u with the daily chores
- Cook or bake something together. A visit to the market to buy your essentials before u start the cooking is also interesting.
- Play board games, solve puzzles together or let him play alone for sometime with his toys
- Watering the plants /garden in the evening and talking about the importance of plants in our lives
- Outdoor play or walk in the evening
- Controlled TV time
- For older kids you can ask them to write down on how the day was in their diary and read it to the other family members after dinner.
Involve yourself in the activities to make them interesting and fun.