Hello everyone. Today I would like to tell you something about the milk teeth of your babies.
They usually erupt at the age of 4-6months. The appearance of normal teeth is eagerly awaited by the parents as it marks an important milestone in development. In most of the cases eruption of teeth causes no discomfort to the child and parents but sometimes the process causes mild irritation locally and other signs may be seen. You may observe one of the following while your child is erupting his/her teeth.
- Swelling of the gum overlying the erupting teeth
- General irritability
- Loss of appetite
- Increased salivation and drooling
- Slight fever
These are the common signs associated with the eruption of the milk teeth. There are certain preventive measures which can be followed:
- Maintain the child’s oral hygiene
- Gums should be wiped after each meal with soft cotton
Now, you must have heard about the teething objects usually prescribed during teething. This is done because during teething, child has a natural tendency to chew on hard objects. This act stimulates the gum pads for smooth and painless eruption of teeth. Few examples of these objects are as follows:
- Hard, non-sweetened rusks made from firm consistency
- Use of hard fruits like apple. This also develops in the infant the taste of the fruit
- Use of specially manufactured objects like keys, blowers and rings is also recommended.
- Use of toasted bread also works or soup sticks
- Carrot and a big piece of coconut can be given but should be monitored carefully.
In nutshell do not worry while your child is erupting his or her first tooth. If there is any problem visit your nearby dentist and get a check-up done.
Please subscribe to us for regular updates of our posts, subscription option is on the right pane. One you get a subscription mail, click on link to activate. Follow and like us on FB if you like our posts. Thankyou!