Here is one topic that I have been hearing so much from when my baby was born. More that the health advices, that everyone showers, people would tell me ways to protect the baby from evil eyes or buri nazar.
I’m not a believer on all this, nor am I promoting this, I still believe that god is the only protector and if we pray he will surely protect us from all this negativity. But then I’m a mommy blogger now, so just for everyone’s benefits here are some tips from my mommy and my baby’s massage lady:
- Make your baby wear a bracelet with black beads, if not plain black, black with gold or silver, I’m sure you have seen these in jeweler shops. (make sure the bangle does not have sharp hooks)
- With homemade kajal, place a bindi on your babys forehead and below the feet.
- This is what my massage lady would do, its silly ok.. but here it is
Mornings she would take water and mix turmeric and chuna/lime (the one they add to the pan), it would turn into a red liquid, she would place it in the corner of my room, it seems when people come to see the baby, they would see the liquid and it would take off their attention. Later in the evening she would take it and throw it off.
- Take rock salt in your palms and round your hand in front of the baby and flush the salt,
- This one most people do, just light camphor and perform an arathi on the child; it takes away the evil effects.
Do you guys believe in this? If so what do you do?