By – Varda Agrawal
In today’s modern life, where technology has become an inseparable part of life, children are equally exposed to the latest trends in technology. And these new generation of kids are tech savvy by birth, or at least it seems so. They are experts in handling gadgets like smartphones, laptops and tablets. Though these gadgets are very helpful in education, kids mainly use them for entertainment.
It is the need of time, to have one such product which combines technology & education, in such a way that it serves all the aspects of child education in a fun & interactive way. And the answer to such need seems to be in the shape of CG Slate. When I got the CG Slate to review, I thought it will be one tablet with some children apps but I was pleasantly surprised.
CG Slate powered by Lenovo, created by ConveGenius is the most awaited product by the parents.
What is CG Slate?
CG Slate is a complete, low-cost, premium educational tablet for children between the ages 3 and 12 years. The product’s work can be described in three words ‘Learn, Play, Shop’, and these are represented by the three available zones on CG Slate, the Learn Zone, the Play Zone, and the Shop Zone. To understand this, you can watch this video by CG Slate, which explains the Learn, Play & Shop concept.
Unique Features of CG Slate:
- It consists of videos, interactive books, games and worksheets that support regular curricula taught in school. All this content is mapped to NCERT syllabus.
- CG Slate is not a gaming platform but it’s a gamification of education. It consists of animations, simulations of real life concepts and interactive books that impart knowledge in an interactive manner.
- It has advanced parental control, with separate pins for parents and kids, which ensures that children are exposed to content appropriate for their age.
- It helps parents keep a track of their child’s learning outcomes through automatic SMS & Emails. There are a number of filters available to find out the minutest details about the child’s performance.
- This Android tablet for kids, is perfectly in line with the latest education technology. It has a very child-friendly and interactive user interface so that every child is able to navigate through it easily.
- Taking consideration all its features & benefits, it is very economical. Moreover, Parents can use the tablet as a normal Android Tablet for their personal use.
What I Observed
- World-class content available to kids for free & no internet connection is needed as the content comes pre-loaded on the 32 GB SD card.
- Multiple profiles can be made for all your kids.
- Different user pins for parents & children. Thus children are only exposed to the content which is appropriate to their age.
- Easy to use interface.
- The content is world class which matches what the child learns in the school.
Why will Parent’s Love it?
The reports of the kids are sent to the parents through automatic mails & SMS.
The report is sent in the form of task in progress in the comparison of time spent by children on CG Slate.
The task in progress is evaluated according to Overall performance which includes, Correct, Incorrect, skipped, not attempted questions.
Why CG Slate Is Must Have For Kids
In 21st century, technology plays a very crucial role in imparting education to students. It will be more encouraging for kids to learn, if they will have their own premium educational tablet. As the learning with CG Slate is fun & rewarding, it inspires children to learn.
The cherry on top is this CG Slate comes with
-A coaster set (4 pieces)
-A Titu Fridge Magnet
-A Titu Keychain and Book mark
-Titu Stickers and Name Slips
- A colorful goodie bag
These all things will surely get your kids all more excited.
So if you wish to gift your kid this Premium , Economical , Educational Tablet, then Hurry Up!! As CG Slate is exclusively available on Flipkart & first 1,000 customers are eligible for an Early Bird Discount of 12% and the tablet would cost them INR 7,499, instead of the MRP which is INR 8,499.