Few years back I attended a training conducted by a French Lady, she had flawless skin and looked around 35 plus, but surprisingly she told us she was 50 plus. I had to ask her about her skin, so I went up to her and asked her how she manages to look so young. She said she drinks chamomile tea every few hours. But then I did not totally buy what she said, I was very sure it had something to do with her genes too.
Recently, I have been reading a lot on chamomile for babies too. Most organic baby products have chamomile for its anti-bacterial properties. So I picked up a pack of green tea with chamomile. Sadly I didn’t find pure chamomile, but I got to know its available in Godrej nature’s basket. The brand I got is called Gtee, its basically green tea infused with chamomile and amla. I have been drinking it for 1 week now, I’m not sure about how young I look now but I’ll definitely tell you how I benefited.
- It calms the muscles and relaxes the body, I felt so rejuvenated (please note this is coming from an Indian chai lover).
- I don’t crave for my milk tea anymore
- Excellent sleep inducer, I sip it before going to bed and it has really helped me wind up my tired day.
- I froze the tea bag and used it on my eye. It reduces eye bags.
- Helped a lot with my migraine.
- Helped with acidity .
Taste: Those of you fearing the taste, it has a very mild flowery fragrance and its almost tasteless with a big cup of water. Leave the tea bag in water for just 1-2 mins initially.
Here are other benefits:
- Relaxes the uterus and relieves pain from menstrual cramps.
- Helps with cold and cough
- Chamomile tea treats hemorrhoids by applying cooled tea to the affected area.
- Helps in controlling glucose level, great for diabetes patients.
- Chamomile is very well known for its anti-bacterial properties.
It works very well externally for skincare and haircare too. Since, I am not very fond of long detailed posts as you all know. I will do another one on skin and hair benefits. And one posts on the benefits for babies. Do let me know your experience.