Beautiful Births is a documentary by filmmaker Jacqui Blue. It is a beautiful film on pregnancy and childbirth. The documentary features 3 different moms and their stories. Its surprising how every childbirth is different and the lessons learnt are quiet contrasting. It highlights the advantages of natural birthing methods and midwifery practice. A midwife is there for you throughout your pregnancy and explains everything to you.
It is really going to help pregnant moms and women planning to have a baby with some important knowledge and decision making advice for your D day. So do watch the video to get a clear perspective of the importance of making your own choices and choosing natural childbirth. Midwifery system is slowly picking up in India. There are centers in all major cities. Hope the video helps you make the right decisions.
Who should watch the video?
- Pregnant moms and parents who are planning to have a baby.
- Midwifes or women planning to take up midwifery as a profession.
What did we like about the video?
- Its honest, you hear real stories from moms.
- Beautiful images of childbirth that was never seen before.
- Knowledge that helps you make a decision on how and when to have labor. Shows how you can deliver a breech baby normally.
- You can see different birthing options from water birth to natural birth. And an inside view of birthing centers.
- You will get over your fear of childbirth .
- Covers diets for pregnant moms.
From the team:
Beautiful Births is a feature length informational documentary, produced by Starseed Pictures, that invites you to explore another side of pregnancy and childbirth which is not often shown in the mainstream media. In this documentary we take a look at the Midwifery Model of Care, show and tell what a birth center is and what one can expect with an out of hospital birth experience. We answer the most common questions and address the concerns most people have about out of hospital births. We also discuss C-section, VBAC, ICAN, Interventions, the importance of a proper diet during pregnancy and more. We hear three women share their personal birth stories; In and out of hospital experiences. This documentary is full of good information and is a must see for all women of childbearing age interested in pregnancy and childbirth, regardless of where they choose to give birth.
When do I buy the DVD?
The DVD will be officially released this fall. For more details please see: