There are lots of changes that a home will need to welcome a new baby. I remember we bought a king size bed as we decided to co-sleep with our baby, and later we had to choose a bigger room to accommodate a nursery. So as parents there are so many ways we can modify our house to accommodate the changing phases of our kids, without altering the essence or warmth of the house.
A bedroom is the most important room in the house according to me. It’s the room which gives me a sense of peace. Its very important to design your bedroom with a lot of thought as it’s the ultimate place for rest. You need to choose a design depending on your taste and what brings a sense of relaxation to your mind.
The kids room is the one that goes through maximum changes. Your daughter may grow from a little girl with toys to an avid reader or your son may throws off his toy cars to make place for his guitars and bats. So its always a good idea to use furnitures that can be moved easily. You can see more nursery and kids room ideas on the site.
Top ten tips for a parents room
- Choose the biggest room in the house and make sure you leave plenty of space around the bed so that you can add baby cots if necessary, and space around the bed will help kids move around easily.
VIVIANA PITROLO ARCHITETTO
- Make sure you have enough sunlight entering your room. Parenting is a tough task and amidst all the chaos, it is best to wake up to good sunshine as it brings positive energy.
- Use soft Colors and Furnitures- Your kids will spend most of their time cuddling up with you in bed so pleasant and soft colors will make them feel warm and cosy.
GABRIELA HERDE ARQUITETURA & DESIGN
- Childproof the room, secure all electric points, remove sharp objects and use safety gates if required.
- If your co-sleeping with your kids make sure you buy a big bed or have additional couches to accommodate your spouse. Even if you have bigger kids sleeping in other rooms, im sure there will be days they need to take a nap with you.
KUMAR MOORTHY & ASSOCIATES
- Add wall decals or design your wall with your favorite element. I know I have been emphasizing a lot on kids, but do add something that you and your spouse can connect with to keep your romance alive.
- Place couches or sofas in a cozy corner to spend your ME Time reading or resting.
FIVE ONE INTERIO
- Make space for all your memories and pictures that you would like to see everyday. You can place them on a wall shelf or cluster them on a wall.
AUL PÊGAS ARQUITETOS ASSOCIADOS LTDA
- Use a dash of color on one wall. It will pop up your room and enhance your moods.
ERIKA WINTERS DESIGN
- Wardrobes and Storage- Add plenty of storage in the bedroom, as Im sure you wont like to run around finding stuff during the night.
MONO MİMARLIK İNŞAAT