Image Source: Sick baby
My son has just recovered from common cold & cough and it was quite a difficult week for him and me. Though it is very common and quick illness to catch during the weather change, it takes a while to actually go, leaving your child really troubled.
Here are a few common illnesses that your child could catch ….
- Cold and cough
- Tummy troubles leading to diarrhoea, vomitting etc
- Ear ache/infection
- Sore throat
How to keep the germs at bay.. few precautions
- Wash hands regularly before and after food , after getting home from school/daycare, after play /outdoor activity
- Eat warm/hot food when eating out , avoid salads, cold food
- Drink water/fluids to stay hydrated
- Drink bottled water or carry boiled and cooled water from home
- Keep your house clean and dust free as far as possible, but ensure there is good ventilation always
- A few minutes of sunshine in the early morning
- Ensure the woolens are clean and smell free
So if your child still catches the so called common cold or cough , dont panic, just go by the doc’s prescription with an added dose of cuddles and care. Your child will slowly build his immune system and be ready to tackle illnesses in future.