We all know how much kids love pasta and I’m sure they are going to love this recipe. Pasta is a complete meal, it has carbs, protein from cheese, calcium from cheese, fiber and vitamins from the veggies making it the right choice for your kids. It can be eaten at any point of the day too.
- Boiled Pasta – 2 cups
- Tomato Puree – 1/2 cup (3 tomatoes)
- Veggies (Green,Yellow and Red Bell Pepper, Broccoli, mushrooms, green peas, Baby Corn)- Use as many or a few of these, if your non veggie add boiled chicken.
- Chilli Flakes- 1/2 tsp
- Grated cheese (I used 1 Amul cheese cube)
- Relish (optional) – Relish is bottled jalapenos, onion and vinegar mix available in all supermarkets
- Pasta Seasoning/ Italian Seasoning- If you dont find buy assorted Thyme, Oregano and Basil (oregano is a must)
- Chopped garlic – 4 cloves
- Cook the pasta and make the tomato puree (cook tomato in water, remove skin and grind), you can use ready made puree too.
- Add oil to this add your veggies, salt, a pinch of flakes and seasoning and stir for 2-3 mins and remove veggies.
- In the same pan add oil/butter, garlic stir for a bit and add tomato puree. After a min add salt, flakes, pasta seasoning and half the cheese and stir. Add some water and stir till you see a nice sauce.
- Now add in boiled pasta and veggies and leave for a min, dont over cook. Turn off flame and garnish with cheese.
I know this is one of my loooooong recipes as compared to my 1 min recipes. But worth a try, hope your kids like it.