Here is a mouthwatering recipe of veg lasagna. Its both healthy as well as delicious. You can customise as you like. I definitely added an Indian twist to it.
What you will need
- Lasagna Sheets- 7-8
- Tomato Puree (blanch tomatoes in hot water, remove the skin and blend) – 4
- Onion- 1
- Spinach- half cup finely chopped
- Veggies of your choice ( I used all colours of bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini)
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves finely chopped
- Pizza/Pasta seasoning
- Pepper, red chilli powder
- For the White Sauce- Half cup milk, 1 TBSP butter, 1 tsp maida
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese and grated processed cheese (I used Amul)
What do I do Next?
Cook Lasagna sheets in salted water and keep aside. It should turn translucent and still remain stiff.
In a pan heat oil, add chopped onion, garlic and once brown, add chopped spinach and mix till spinach turns soft. Add chopped veggies to the pan and fry till veggies turn soft.
Add tomato puree to the mix and top it with salt, chilli powder and pasta seasoning and cook till you get your desired consistency.
On low heat add 1 TBSP butter and fry 1 tsp maida in it, to this add milk salt and pepper and stir still you have a smooth paste. Turn off the flame.
Now for the Assembly
Preheat the oven to 170 degree
Grease an oven proof dish. Place pasta sheets in a row. Add your veggie mix on the sheet and top it with white sauce and cheese. Add another layer of the same.
Put this in the oven for 40 mins and your tasty lasagna is ready. You dont have to go to some high end Italian restaurant for this