Hello mommies..This is my first article on the blog and I am sooooo excited to write. It is a natural tendency of women to protect her loved ones and once she turns into a mom, her sole concern is towards her baby. She loves and protects her new born’s life in every manner. I am highlighting few
most commonly encountered baby injuries. Here is a list and I wish your baby never faces it.
Falls: this is the most common injury faced by a child at home. It is frequently seen that babies roll off the beds, couch and tables. This is the biggest dangers for the parents because kids easily learn how to climb on to the beds and explore new things.
Here are few methods to prevent this injury:
- Most common, put some pillows around the baby when he/she is on the bed.
- Put soft material under play area.
- Do not put bouncing cradle on the table as they can easily tip off the edge.
- Supervise your baby when using baby furniture.
Electrical injury: from the time your baby starts crawling, your tension would be doubled. Protecting the small little fingers from the electric sockets is very important. Cover all the sockets which are low lying and are in easy reach of your baby when he or she is on tour of the house.
Suffocating and chocking: during initial few months of life, babies get gratification from their oral region. You must have noticed they easily put in their mouth whatever is brought close to them. So keeping a check on your things is important.
- Keep small little things out their reach
- Do not put coins hither and thither ,as they are the most common cause of choking in babies
- Keep plastic bags away from their reach
- Buy them the toys according to their age
Bath injuries: as far as I have noticed, babies love being in water. But to keep them safe while giving a bath is very important. Here are few tips:
- Check the water temperature before putting it on to your baby.
- Get everything ready in advance including his towels, nappies etc so that you don’t have to leave the baby alone in the bathroom
- Never ask the baby’s siblings to take care of the baby. They might not be too intelligent to
- Always turn off the gas geyser and rods used for boiling the water before you enter the
Poisonings: yet another problem which can turn into a big issue. Keep all the bottles of shampoos, liquid soaps, cosmetic products, floor disinfectants out the reach of the child. Make sure they have resistant caps which cannot be opened by the baby. Dispose of the unwanted medicines and keep a check while they are playing out the garden.
All in all babies are prone to so many injuries but to safeguard them is the duty of their family membersto handle the situation in emergency. Hope you liked the work and It would be fun if you share your baby story related something to it.