The moment you find out that you are a pregnant, it is an amazing time to be overjoyed! Now this is your first pregnancy and you need to know how to be healthy and fit. The first three months of pregnancy are crucial and you should be careful about using drugs, alcohol and other substitutes. This is the phase that your body is adjusting to the changes happening inside the body.
To avoid serious issues and discomfort, you should follow certain precautions for a safe first trimester phase.
Top 5 Precautions During The First Trimester Pregnancy:
Have a glimpse at the top concerns, you should aware of:
- Raw meat increases the changes of infection. So cooked food is only suggestive for the pregnant women. Avoid raw fish, meat and eggs
- Unpasteurized milk also causes infection. Always take pasteurized milk
- Wash cutting boards before slicing any meat and also cook the meat thoroughly
- Do not consume processed food items like hot dogs
- Foods like bacon or ham are carcinogenic
- Ensure you wash veggies and fruits thoroughly to avoid ingestion of pesticides.
- It is believed that caffeine consumption can cause birth defects in babies and may even cause premature childbirth.
- Stop intake of foods and drinks like tea, coffee, soft drinks, chocolate and cocoa as they all contain caffeine as an ingredient.
- Also nonprescription medications for cold, allergy and headache contain caffeine
- Quitting caffeine all of a sudden is not advisable as it can leave several health complaints. However, you need to gradually cut it down.
Though walking is a good exercise during first trimester pregnancy, you need to keep certain measures in mind:
- Try to develop your own comfortable pace and do not walk too fast
- Walking too fast can heat up your body soon, leading to premature contractions
- Sip water for every 5 minutes to avoid dehydration
- Do not wear sandals or slippers as they slip. Instead, wear walking shoes
- Walk with caution since your center of gravity shifts with the growing belly
Quit Alcohol and Cigarettes:
- Taking alcohol during pregnancy can have a direct effect on the fetus, causing Fetal Alcohol Syndrome in babies. They are born with abnormal facial features, learning disabilities and slow growth.
- You should strictly avoid alcoholic beverages
- Some medication may contain alcohol as an ingredient. So, be careful to read the label.
- Cigarette smoking is another concern. Smoking women usually give birth to low weight babies.
- Exposure to second hand smoking is dangerous as well
- Quit smoking and avoid smoking zones
Herbs and Medications:
- Certain herbs and medications may have a negative effect on the growing fetus.
- Always check in with your gynecologist before you take any medications.
- Be careful not to use medication that has multiple ingredients. These may contain certain substances that harm your baby.
- Herbs like passion flower, saw palmetto, black cohosh, and pennyroyal are known to cause risk of miscarriages, intense premature contractions and preterm labor.
These are the top precautions to follow during first trimester pregnancy. They can help you save from a number of pregnancy complications that are common during the initial months.
Have a healthy first trimester! Do not forget to share your experiences with us.
I am Aradhana. I am a passionate writer and love to write on topics like yoga, wellness, health and lifestyle. I contribute to Natural News, Wiki How, Elephant Journal etc. I believe good health is the key to success and happiness. Through my writings, I want to motivate people to develop healthy habits and adopt natural ways of living to achieve sound health.