The first thing my Mom taught me after the delivery of my eldest Son is Swaddling. Swaddling is the most basic yet very important thing of parenting … & it will be very helpful for you in long run she said…. So it did. It played very crucial role in my parenting journey.
It was so helpful that, when my second child was born… after receiving him, & dressing him in cute little clothes the first thing I did was Swaddle him.
So in this article I will list down several ways in which my babies are benefited by Swaddling.
But before that, Lets see what Swaddling is …
Swaddling is the age old technique used by parents generations after generations. Swaddling is snugly wrapping the baby in the piece of cloth or blanket.
Benefits of Swaddling
- Swaddling keeps Newborn babies warm, just as in the womb, till their body adjusts to the surrounding environment & their body’s thermostat starts working.
- Swaddling recreates the limited space available for movement in the womb, hence keeps the newborn babies comfortable.
- It keeps them warm & secure just as in Mother’s lap.
- When sleeping, swaddling prevents jerking of hands & feet… thus helping them to sleep snugly for longer time.
- It soothes the cranky baby.
- It helps to calm down overstimulated baby.
- It makes handling baby way easier.
There have been instances when I was asked by co parents & friends who had babies … why I swaddle my baby & how to do it.
Well I Say its technique of wrapping the baby in cloth.
I say with smile it’s important art of parenting… & it truly is. It has helped me a lot in my journey of parenting …. It will help you too. So if you are soon to be momma … don’t forget to swaddle your baby.