Tips for skin/hair before playing holi:
- Oil your hair well before you start playing. Apply lots of coconut oil or olive oil to protect your hair from harsh colors.
- Also apply some oil behind your ears, ear lobes and nails.
- You can further protect your nails by covering them with nail polish of any dark colour.
- Put lip balm or lipstick on your lips to protect those as well.
- Use a toner to close the pores on your face before you head out. This way, you reduce the chances of color going in too deep.Don’t forget to wear waterproof sunscreen 30 minutes prior followed by a moisturizer before you step out for a day in the sun!
- Wear clothes that cover most of your body. These clothes should be in a lightweight, easy-to-dry material. Avoid heavy fabrics like denim that don’t dry easily.
- It’s a good idea to wear a thick scarf or bandana to cover your hair.
- Don’t wear lenses when you go out to play!
Tips for skin/hair after playing holi:
- Dust off the dry color before you hit the shower
- Clean your face using cotton dabbed in moisturizing cream or oil/milk followed by a cleanser or scrub. By no way do excessive scrubbing or rubbing as they damage your skin and can cause irritation.
- Wash your hair using a mild shampoo, but don’t overuse the shampoo. If the color doesn’t come off your scalp in one try, just let it stay on and shampoo again in a day or two.
- All that color and shampoo will tend to dry out your scalp. Definitely use a conditioner after shampooing.
- Remember it may take few days to get rid of whole color, don’t try to remove the color from whole body at the first go.
- If your hair becomes too dry, then a hot oil massage accompanied by a hot towel treatment should be performed for next few days or go for hair spa.
Wishing all my dear friends a colorful and joyous Holi. Hope the above tips are useful to all of you.