Hello all lovely young moms. In this article of mine I would describe the basic milestones of development in a child at different ages from birth to 1 year. You can easily recognize them and feel blessed by having one of the best gift of god, your baby, with you.
- Baby usually lies in either prone or supine position i.e. either his chest towards the bed or his back towards the bed respectively.
- Baby turns head from side to side
- Grasp reflex active i.e. he is able to hold your finger lightly
- Face is round and the lower jaw is small
12 weeks (3mnths)
- The baby would now be able to lift his or her head and chest
- Makes defensive movements
- Listens to music
- 16 weeks (4mnths):
- Laughs out loud
- Excited at the sight of food
- Has a symmetric posture, hands in midline
28 weeks (7mnths)
- Rolls over
- Sits briefly
- Reaches out for and grasps large objects
- Transfers objects from hand to hand
- Enjoys mirror
40 weeks (10 mnths):
- Sits up alone
- Pulls to standing position
- Grasps objects with thumb and fore fingers
- Responds to sound of name
- Waves bye- bye
- Repetitive consonant sounds(mam ,dada)
50 – 52 weeks (at around 1 year):
- Walks with one hand held
- Release object to the other person request
- Make postural adjustments to dressing
- Increase in vocabulary by a few words, beside mam dada
So mommies at which stage is your baby right now?? Do share your story..
Please subscribe to us for regular updates of our posts, subscription option is on the right pane. Follow and like us on FB if you like our posts. Thankyou!