By – Varda Agrawal
When opting for using cradle for my son, one question that struck my mind was how he will sleep when we are not at home. Since we can’t carry the cradle along us, & can’t expect, cradle to be present, everywhere we go. I guess this may be the concern of most of the mothers. This is the complete solution to this question.
The ‘Ghodiyu’ word originated in Gujarat. It is used from hundreds of years by mothers so that their baby can fall asleep quickly, nicely and get the rest they need while developing proper sleeping habits.
Typically, a Ghodiyu is designed to have a low ‘ centre of gravity ‘ which enables a person to swing the child back and forth. The rocking motion soothes and relaxes the child, and puts them to sleep quickly by replicating the comfort and security of the womb.
The use of Ghodiyu for infants is also helpful in avoiding SID and Colic cases as the rocking motion relaxes the baby. Ghodiyu helps baby’s digestion also.
- Pipe Material: Stainless Steel
- Hammock(Khoyu) Material: Pure Premium Cotton, Fully Washable and having Mosquito Net with Zipper
- Net Weight: 6.9 Kg
- Disassembled (Packed) Condition Bag Size: 59 x 25 x 12 cm
- Assembled Condition Area covered: 83 height x 118 width x 95 depth cm.
- Suitable For : Infant Age up to 24 month approx
- Baby Weight capacity : up to 20 kg ( 45 lbs )
- Baby Height limit : up to 35 inch
- Easy to assemble & dismantle
At first seeing the big shipment I received, & just the thought that I have to assemble it all by myself gave me Goosebumps. With little apprehension I unpacked the shipment. The leaflets provided in the pack, which had the step wise procedure of assembling & disassembling the Ghodiyu, gave some relief to me.
To my surprise, no tools were needed to assemble it as well as disassembling it. The time needed for assembling & disassembling is very less. But comparatively more time is needed in the beginning.
If still you are not able to assemble the cradle, the video provided below will help you further.
- The Body
The sturdy body structure of the Multipro Ghodiyu is made of stainless steel, which is resistant to Corrosion and Rust. Owing to it the Multipro Ghodiyu is life time durable.
- Pure cotton material, which is soft.
- Zipped mosquito net which provides protection from the mosquito.
- Unisex colour & design.
- Plastic rods framework forms the flat base of the Ghodiyu.
- Small loop is provided on the Ghodiyu, where the string can be tied to swing it to & fro.
- Extra Ghodiyu is provided so that we can change it.
- Easily washable at home
- Foldable & Portable In Bag Provided
The body of the Ghodiyu is seamless & hence easily foldable.
When folded this Ghodiyu & kept inside the carry bag, the bag length becomes 4 feet. This compact bag is easy to store anywhere within home and even you can carry away in your car but bit inconvenient to carry away in airplanes due to long length of bag.
- Anti Skid Rubber
To prevent the Ghodiyu from slipping, Anti skid Rubber is provided to fit in the four sides of the Ghodiyu.
Though company claims that it is suitable for infants up to 24 months, according to me it defers from kid to kid. Taking into consideration height of my son who is almost 24 months old, he won’t fit into it, comfortably.
So, it all depends on the height & weight of the babies.
Why I Would Recommend It
This is the product which gives you benefits of traditionally used Ghodiyu in new avatar. It is sturdy, yet, foldable & portable.
So all To Be Mothers, if buying a cradle for your soon coming baby is on your shopping list, Multipro Ghodiyu cradle swing is the product you should opt for.
Where To Buy
Indian buyers can buy from the link provided below
International buyers can buy from the link provided below
You can also purchase it on