Hello mommies. In my last article I told you few advantages of breast feeding. But you know bottle feeding the replacement to breast feeding after a while. Usually after 6 months of complete breast feed, babies are introduced on to the bottle feeding. Not only this, when parents are too busy to deal with the crying baby, they try to quieten him or her by giving the bottle of milk. Tell me frankly how many of you have done this J
Here are few instructions for you regarding the bottle feed:
- Provide more attention to the child
- Remove the bottle immediately after feeding
- Substitute the milk or non-sweetened juices to plain water
- Encourage your baby to stay in upright position with a bottle
- Use a bottle with a nipple that has a small hole to enable the infant to work with his muscles activity to get the milk from the bottle. You remember I told you this activity is important for the proper growth of jaws and the muscles of mouth.
- Introduce a cup to drink as soon as possible
- Bottle feeding should be allowed at intervals.
- Give water after feeding with bottle and clean the mouth soon after feeding.
Hope my tips will work for the health of your kids. Keep loving your babies J