Many mothers get into some sort of depression after delivery. This is mainly due to hormonal changes after childbirth. Other factors are lack of sleep, suddenly a new person in your life, stress on how to deal with the new change, dealing with the people around you and their advices, dealing with the pain after delivery, breastfeeding a child with the pain.
The otherwise quiet world of yours is suddenly chaiotic and filled with so many people around you. Worse part is you need to deal with their comments on how your baby looks, like who it looks blah blah
Again dealing with your overgrown body and stress on how to bring it back to shape. As Anjjali mentioned in her earlier post, everyone has to remind you once how fat you have become. They don’t see that all this fat made a beautiful little baby.
Suddenly you will start thinking if people around you love you, you will get into unnecessary politics in the family, issues which you used to ignore before are top priority, you will suddenly be the loud mouth who talks so many unwanted thing, suddenly a bell will ring in your head.. why did I speak all this. You are totally ruled by your hormones.
Ok here are some ways to deal with it, im not a pro, Im still getting a hang on this:
- Do some activity, like taking a small walk all by yourself. Go out of your house atleast once or atleast stand near the gate.
- Think before you talk as words can never be taken back.
- If you’re a full time mom, try to keep yourself very busy. Do all the baby work yourself, like washing baby clothes, massaging and bathing, folding and ironing baby clothes (I iron all my baby clothes as it will kill any insect on it), feeding etc etc, the work is never ending.. you wont find any time..
- Don’t be alone, if your alone try calling someone on the phone.
- Try yoga meditation, just simply close your eyes and breathe.
- Listen to music even your baby will enjoy it.
- Pray, light diyas, if your catholic light candles, muslims perform your daily prayers.
- Come online surf the net J see mommyswall daily.. just kidding
If you still cant overcome yor depression and feel like harming your baby or yourself contact a councelor.
You can check with www.1to1help.com