By Aafreen Mudassir
“Wow!! You’re carrying…CONGRATS!! CONGRATS!! CONGRATS!!…B Careful….Take Care of your health…Eat healthy stuffs…….”That’s what everyone started wishing once I spilled out the news that I am pregnant. Loads & Loads of advices poured in but I didn’t know what to take in and what not. Some said have lots of green vegetables and some milk. Being a working lady with my busy schedule I didn’t know how to go about.
With the help of ma hubby penned down all the essential food stuffs required on the basis of the vitamins & minerals and derived on a chart. Here are some of the tips I would want to share so that would be mommys sailing with me can benefit.
- Don’t forget to take in your tablets prescribed by your doc
- At least 2 glasses of milk is required for the calcium requirement for the baby’s bones which could be drunk with any protein supplement like pro-pl, mother’s horlicks etc. Request your doc to prescribe you one.
- Natures gift- Tender Coconut, daily would keep you energetic
- 1 cup Green veggie in the form of curry or salad has to be a part of your one meal, preferably spinach, fenugreek etc.
- Have loads of fruit juice without sugar and fruits.
- Brush your teeth twice a day as in later stages of your pregnancy you are prone to gum infections.
- Chocolates should be replaced by dry fruits J
- Applying a stretch marks removal cream twice a day is a must after the 3rd month
- Daily 2 ltr water intake is a must in every pregnancy for both the mommy & baby and also to avoid urine infection which is quiet common in pregnancy.
- Include dal, cereals in your menu list with a proportionate amount of non – vegetarian items to balance the protein supplement.
- Fish once in a while is essential as it is a major source of omega-3 fatty acids (specifically DHA and EPA).
- Little kesar should be included with you milk potion after your 6thmonth.
- Gain weight gradually
- Eat frequent, smaller meals if you like
- And the last one is to go on regular 30 to 45 mins walk with your hubby which would ease out all the stress J
- All body heating stuffs should be avoided in the 1st trimester like mango, papaya, sugar cane juice, green tea etc.
- Sweets and salty food stuffs intake should be minimized from the 6th month.
- Skip sushi, alcohol, aerated drinks and soft cheeses.
- Don’t diet while you’re pregnant
I know the list is a bit long one but I am sure that once you get started it would become a routine and a self-satisfying task, and don’t forget to advise all the would be mommy’s around you ;)
Please subscribe to us for regular updates of our posts, subscription option is on the right pane. One you get a subscription mail, click on link to activate. Follow and like us on FB if you like our posts. Thankyou!