Food that increases lactation. I’m including only food that has worked for me:
• Shark meat: We boil the shark, remove cartilage, and use the flesh. Cooked in the same way as egg burji. This was the most effective, but my baby turned a little colic.
• Dill leaves/Sabakki soppu/sozhi keerai: this is also effective. Make a basic sabji. It already has a lot of salt content, don’t add to much salt.
• Gourds: All form of gourds, bottle gourd, snake gourd etc
• Cluster beans/ avarekkai
• Roast and Powder jeera, pepper, pumkin seeds, methi. Boil 1 litre water with 1 spoon of powder and drink daily.
• Mother Horlicks: I hate milk and added to that horlicks, but then I drank 1-2 times. For people who like it it works.
• Legiyams : they are some kind of chawanprash, you get it in ayurvedic stores. It has so many ingredients which is suppose to help in lactation and healing.
• Milk: I hate milk but it’s very good for people who can drink it.