Today Ill share one of my favorite sweet recipes. I have always been a fan of Ladoos right from when I was a kid and my daughter likes ladoos that are not very sweet. So I thought of making ladoos this Diwali. I never thought it could be so easy. Do try it out and impress all your Chota Bheem fans.
Tips Before you start
- Keep all the ingredients in one place
- You need two strainers, one to drop the flour and form small boondis another to remove the fried boondis
- Remove the boondis quickly, else it will turn crispy, dont worry about the shape as you will be grinding the mixture. And dont keep adding boondis one on top of the other as it will all clump together.
- Make sure the oil is hot and keep removing the boondis as soon as they fall into the oil and dont rub the strainer, let the droplets fall on its own.
- Sugar syrup needs to reach one string consistency. If your a beginner like me, just keep dropping the syrup into cold water. the sugar should not dissolve and it should form a soft lump, as your roll the sugar in the water it should form into a soft ball.
- I used very less color as I used saffron, you can use color or saffron.
- Besan/ chickpea flour – 1 and half cup
-1 tsp semolina – which is powdered
- Cooking Soda- 1 small pinch
- Oil for frying
- Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
- Water- 1 1/4 cup
-Saffron/ Orange Food color
- Ghee for Binding
- Chopped nuts for garnish
- Cardamom essence and rose essence (you can use powdered cardamom too but only a small pinch)
Mix Besan, semolina powder and Water to form a paste, The paste should be in the consistency of dosa batter, mix it in a pourable container, so that you can directly pour the mixture into the strainer.
Heat oil and hold one strainer above the oil and start pouring the mixture. As your pouring, keep removing the boondis. Keep this aside in a plate. Boondis should be soft.
Now make the sugar syrup till it reaches one string consistency. Turn off the flame and mix boondis, elaichi essence and a drop of rose essence. Make sure the boondis absorb the sugar syrup. Incase you find too much syrup, turn on the flame and heat till syrup gets totally absorbed.
Now transfer this into a mixer with a drop of cardamom and rose essence and pulse for few seconds till you see small bits. The mixture should be hot, dont let it to cool down.
Now transfer it to a plate, add a tsp ghee, you can also add chopped nuts and start rolling ladoos. Dont worry if the mixture if very soft, it will become hard as it cools down.
If you want better structure you can keep it on paper liners./cupcake liners. Garnish with nuts.