After Diwali, all I can think of is food. So here is a quick eegless vanilla cupcake recipe. I like cake recipes using oil as I don’t have to beat a lot and also because I dont have a cake mixer.
- Maida: 2 cups
- Sugar : 1 cup powdered
- Baking Powder : 1 tsp.
- Baking Soda : 1/2 tsp.
- Oil- ½ cup (I use rice bran oil, olive oil is great)
- Salt : a pinch
- Yogurt- ½ cup
- Vanilla essence : 2 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix yogurt and sugar in a bowl. To this add baking soda and baking powder, keep it aside. Meanwhile sieve flour and salt,
- After 2-3 mins add flour and oil alternatively and mix well. To this add vanilla and whisk till you find a smooth batter.
- Now pour the batter in cupcake liners which are placed in a cupcake moulds. Bake for 20-30 mins. Please note cupcakes require a mould, the liner alone is not enough.
My cute little neice Keerthi did the frosting using pillsberry vanilla icing. Its available at all supermarkets for Rs 100. You can use it many times, I still have half a tin. Its very easy to use and yummy too.