Hello mommies. Here am I with another cute and short article related to you baby’s stool.
What you see in your baby’s diaper might give you some idea about what’s going on inside his system.
- The stool should be soft and golden yellow ( don’t count the first few days, when the poop can go from black to green)
- In breastfed babies, stools may be slightly grainy. This is normal
- Bottle-fed babies are more likely to suffer from constipation.
- Green and watery stools might be a cause of worry as they are an indication of infection.
- If the stool is consistently pale and looks like cement, it could be a sign of obstruction in the liver.
- Black tarish stool is also not normal.
Consult your paediatrician in all the above three cases.
So I hope it is not only the feed that you give to the baby that is important but also the excreta that he/she gives off plays an important role in signifying the baby’s health.