Its really scary to know that a mosquito bite can take someone’s life. Recently a family friends kid had dengue fever and he almost went into comma because his platelet count was dropping. Its so scary especially with a baby. Everyday, I freak out because of mosquitoes. With all the measures I take still I find 1-2 mosquitoes somewhere.
Brief about dengue:
Dengue fever is caused by mosquito bites, if the mosquito contains the dengue virus. So if the mosquito bites a person infected with dengue and then bites the next person then the fever spreads.
My friends dad who is a doctor told me that these mosquitoes are active during the day so from morning 6 AM to evening 6PM. So watch out carefully during this time.
- · High fever
- · Headache and joint pains
- · Skin rashes
- · Nausea
These are the initial symptoms, later when it gets worse; the person may have severe stomach pain, may vomit blood and have bad rashes.
A blood test will confirm dengue. Treatment usually involved blood transfusion.
How to prevent dengue:
- · Avoid water stagnation especially clean water. Dengue mosquitoes breed on clean water.
- · With a baby use mosquito nets and sprays, use mosquito patches. I have reviewed on this blog.
- · Get mosquito nets on your windows and use mosquito mats.
- · Keep a mosquito bat handy.
- · Always keep a bottle of eucalyptus and citronella oil with you. Mop your floor with these oils and drop a little around the baby.
- · Pray to God that’s what we can do after all this.