Has the mango fever kicked in as yet?? The mango season is just catching up here in Bangalore and the mangoes are very expensive right now. But there are plenty of raw mangoes available and so I thought it would be a good idea to share some super easy recipes from my moms kitchen.
Raw Mango Benefits
High content of Vitamin C and pectin. It is also a great source of Vitamin B and helps maintain the immune system throughout the year and purifies the body.
So my first recipe is a Juice Concentrate, Also called Aam Panna, you can store it for upto a month in the fridge.
Raw Mango Juice Concentrate
- 1 Big raw mango
- 250 gms sugar
- 1 Big Lemon
- Remove the skin of the mango and cut into huge chunks and boil in water for 10 mins. Now puree in the mixer with a little water (1/2 cup).
- Transfer this mixture to a stove and add sugar and heat on low flame till the sugar melts. Finally add lemon juice and store in the fridge for upto a month.
Raw Mango Rice
- Cooked Rice – 1 cup
- Raw Mango Pieces – 3-4 pieces
- Coconut- same quantity as raw mango
- Cumin Seeds- 1tsp
- Green Chillies- 1 big
- For tadka- mustard, hing, urad dal, red chilli (as per your liking, even plain mustard is enough)
- Coriander for garnishing
- Grind coconut, mango, green chillies and cumin seeds in a mixer.
- In a pan add oil and add mustard and rest of the stuff for tadka, now add rice and salt, finally add your mixture from the mixer and mix on slow flame for 1-2 mins.
- Finally you can garnish with chopped coriander.
Raw Mango Chutney
Grind raw mango, coconut, red chillies, jaggery and salt in a mixer. You can adjust the quantity according to your taste. Your done its super simple.
If you want you can add a tadka by heating some oil, add mustard, red chillies, hing , curry leaves and pour it into the chutney and mix.