We recently celebrated my LO’s 11th month birthday so I decided to bake a cake myself.
It turned out yum and I tried this easy decoration which the kids loved and getting a share of kit kat with the cake was even more fun. I’m not a very artistic person, so Im sure you will do way better than me.
Ingredients for Cake
- 2 cups maida
- 3 eggs
- 100 gm butter
- 8 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/ coffee powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 170 degree for 10 mins
- Sieve baking powder, maida and cocoa powder.
- In a wide bowl, mix butter and sugar till the sugar dissolves. Now add vanilla or coffee powder. Add 1 egg at a time and mix. I use an egg beater to mix, <I dont have any fancy electric hand-blenders.>
- Add the flour mix little at a time and mix. Finally add milk and mix. You can skip milk if your mixture is already runny.
- Rub butter on the baking dish and drizzle some flour. Now add the cake mix and bake for 40 mins.
Important: Once cake is out just make few pricks with a toothpick and let it cool.
For the cake decoration:
I spread Pillsbury vanilla icing on the cake and used kitkat and gems to decorate the cake. I guess the image is self explanatory. If you dont have ready-made icing. Just mix 2 Tbspn of butter with half a cup icing sugar and 1-2 drops of vanilla essence and use as icing.