By – Varda Agrawal
In this modern age, good command over the English language plays a crucial role in the overall growth of a child, be it in academics or co curricular activities.
The summer is the best time not only for holidaying, but also to develop soft skills in our children when they are free from all their academics. It is observed that children grasp very well if they are coached in fun, interesting and interactive environment.
Cambridge English Young learners is one such platform which practices a unique approach in teaching kids to become proficient in English. They have excellent assessment systems which keeps kids motivated.
And, the good news is that Cambridge English Young Learners program has just entered our neighbourhood.
Cambridge English is a department of Cambridge University. Their English exams are recognized around the world by thousands of employers, universities and government ministries as proof of ability to use English.
Cambridge English: Young Learners is a series of fun, motivating English language tests, for children in primary and lower-secondary education.
- YLE Starters for age 6 – 7 years
- YLE Movers for age 8 – 10 years
- YLE Flyers for age 11 – 12 years
The kids will be provided with well-structured, flexible number of training sessions, which will help them to prepare for the exam. These sessions will include games, puzzles and other interactive activities.
The sessions are divided into three levels
The sessions will focus on developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
Cambridge English Tests
The tests are based on the English skills that the child developed through the course. They cover different aspects such as, listening, reading, writing and speaking English. All the candidates across the world are tested with respect to the same international standard.
Award That Encourages Kids
Every child who attends the Cambridge English Young Learners test gets a Cambridge English certificate. This certificate has a number of Cambridge shields such as, listening, reading and writing, and speaking.
Why Cambridge English Young Learners Programme
- It motivates children to master the English language.
- During training sessions and tests, all aspects of learning the language are covered like, language, reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Children are motivated to use the skills they developed on daily bases.
- It encourages kids to progress to the next level and become proficient in English.
- In order to make the learning process interesting, they include activities are done such as, puzzles, sing and learn games etc.
- They do not demotivate kids with pass or fail tags. All children receive an award, which displays the number of shields that they have received during the program.
For more information please visit:
So this summer, dont forget to enroll your kids into the Cambridge English Young Learners Programme to master the language.