Ok kill me if I give you another khichdi recipe. But I really didnt want to miss out on this nutritious and fabulous baby food. For babies below I year use yellow moong dal and for bigger kids use soaked green gram (soaked overnight). Broken wheat is the best way of introducing wheat into your baby’s life, its soft, easy to digest and filled with fibers. Can be given to babies above 8 months.
- Broken wheat/Dalia – 1 cup
- moong Dal – 1/2 cup
- Grated Veggies (I use carrot and beans)
- Cumin Seeds
- Ginger garlic paste (optional)/crushed ginger/crushed garlic
- Hing (optional)
- Chopped coriander – few strands
- Chopped tomato – just 1/4 tomato finely chopped
- Dry red chillies
- Turmeric – optional
In a pressure cooker add ghee/oil, to this add cumin seeds, once the seeds splutter add dried red chillies, ginger garlic paste, hing and stir.
Now add moong dal, dalia a pinch of turmeric and close the lid. Cook for 3 whistles on a low flame.
Once you open the cooker add tomatoes, coriander and salt.
You can pick out chillies before you serve the baby.