Recently my daughter had rashes on her back and a few on her stomach. When I visited the doctor she told me its probably a food allergy. Also, she said it can be eczema due to weather or the food allergy could have caused eczema.
Some other symptoms that you should look out for: Swelling, breathing troubles, vomiting and diarrhea
So here are some remedies that were suggested:
- We were asked to apply a medicated cream to stop the itching and reduce the rash.
- Check the food was given in the past few days and stop it immediately. Sadly we always give a little bit of every thing we eat and have introduced her to too many new food, and we could not figure out the culprit. So another tip for you: only one new food per week
- Almost most food allergies are caused by one of these foods:
Tree nuts (like walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, and cashews),
fishes like tuna, salmon or cod
So stop all these allergens till your baby recovers.
- For eczema caused due to food allergies apply moisturizer 2-3 times a day. Cetaphil was suggested which I already use.
- There is no other treatment sadly just that you need to watch out and be very careful about what you feed your baby.
Do Like us on facebook for more updates. Thanks.