By- Varda Agrawal
As our little babies grow up into a toddler , they turn to be a very fussy & choosy eaters. But there is no way we mothers can compromise on their nutrition & health in their growing years. This way or that way we mothers are experts in playing hide n seek with our kids. We give their not so favorite vegetables & fruits to them , by hiding them in some amazingly yummy recipes. one of these recipes I will share with you today.
My son is a choosy eater. He does not like to eat vegetable in the form of daily sabjis. So I tried out this recipe which fulfilled my intention of giving nutrition hidden in vegetables to my son , & simultaneously gave pleasure to his palate.
- Grated Vegetables preferably Carrot, Capsicum , beans
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Coriander
Preparation Time :- Half day ( The batter needs to be fermented
Cooking time :- 5 minutes
Course:- Breakfast, Evening Snacks
- Mix the Suji & Curd. The quantity of the curd added depends on the consistency of the batter. The batter should be thick like the batter of Idli.
- Set aside for at least 6 hrs.
- When the batter becomes light,, add chopped vegetables, chopped onion & chopped coriander to it.
- Add salt to taste.
- To make it light further & to make it rise , you may add a pinch of salt.
- Apply oil to each mold in the Appam pan.
- Put a spoon full of the batter in each mold & cover it with the lid.
- Keep the flame low.
- After a minute or two, Open the lid & toss the Appams
- Wait till the other side of the Appam is also cooked.
- Serve hot with chatney or ketchup.
This is ideal snacks for entire family , as it is light , low in calories & cholesterol & full of nutrients.